Just weeks after the release of Sub Saharan Passage, Fatsouls drops Too Much Information, a unique underground afro-house gem. The label cultivates three mixes to the original track produced by Dele Sosimi, an Afro beat Meastro who was at the epicenter of Fela Kutis reign and the Afro beat movement. Dele, who now resides in London, was Felas right hand man and musical director of Felas Egypt 80 band. He has since gone on to manifest his own solo career, producing two albums, Turbulent Times and Identity, and running London's successful all-night event, Afrobeat Vibration.
Fatsouls debut release was the acclaimed Bad Belle Remixes from Dele Sosimi & Ikwunga Wonodis Calabash project. That release was hailed by the global dance music and Afro beat communities alike. Now, Fatsouls is thrilled to release Too Much Information, the second collaboration with Dele Sosimi featuring remixes by DJ Said, Stephen Rigmaiden and Fuminori Kajago. The release title refers to the reality of living in the information age where technology permeates all facets of life. Check out the vibrant interpretation from the Fatsouls camp and dance!
A Few Early Feedback:
- Feeling these mixes, especially Said and Fuminori! (Marques Wyatt)
- Quality remixes, I can't choose just one. Will be HUGE! (Rogerio - Deeper Soul)
- Great summer jams, the instrumentation is fantastic. (Marc LaCasse - Urbnet)
- Just right! (Jaymz Nylon)
- Loving the Said vocal mix! (Jerome Sydenham)
- Fuminori & Fatsouls always equal deep, quality music. Love it. (Kristi Lomax)
- Great package! (Michael Lopez - MKL)
- Cool Project! (Joshua Michaels - IZ)
- What a superb set of mixes! Lovin' them all and it's tuff to say which is my fav. Quality production through out the 3. So musical and so inspirational. Soulful, deep and then some.....Wonderful...LOVE & SUPPORT- Big time! THANK U SO MUCH!☺ (Dr. Bob Jones)
- Dope release! This is afro-fela-centric! (Bradford James)
Spirit of House - Mike Fosatti
Pick of the Week: Dele Sosimi "Too much information (Fatsouls Remixes)(Fatsouls Records CD Promo)
Too much information", the title track of Dele Sosimi's long awaited 3rd album, is a sizzling afrobeat/funk infused track laced with paramount horns and inspiring vocals. Earlier this year, Quantize Recordings released remixes of the song by DJ Spen & Thommy Davis, Timmy Regisford & Adam Rios, Larry Espinosa & George Vibe Cardenas and Bad Zuke, now courtesy of Fatsouls Records come these brand new absolutely mind-blowing and timeless interpretations. DJ Said, Stephen Rigmaiden and Fuminori Kajago all add their distinctive deep/soulful/afro flavored touch to the song, keeping the spirit of the original alive yet taking this masterly crafted song to a whole new level. It is next to impossible to pick a favorite out of the three included versions, quite simply each one is guaranteed to make you yearn for more. Finest underground afro-house music by no means to be missed.