Many things have been said, written and rightfully attributed to DJ and Producer Boo Williams' monumental career: "innovator,"
"pioneer," and "master craftsman" are just a few such descriptions. From a career that started over three decades ago back in 1981 in
the underground house clubs of Chicago, his massive discography includes a wide range of influences. Boo has taken these influences
to a whole new level and created his own unique, deep, Chicago-house sound (if not his own genre).
His collaborations have been with the finest in the industry including the likes of Glenn Underground, Reckless Abandonment, The
Soul Survivors and Strictly Jaz Unit. To expand on his overflowing creative energy, he has produced under several different monikers:
Mandrake, Moon Man, Quik Blend Boo, Willie Griffin and Willie Snickers. In other words, the man lives, breathes and eats music.
With a sense of great pride, Fatsouls Records is pleased to announce three new future classic tracks for the debut of Boo Williams on its label. "Distant Land," "Robotic Slaves" and "The Last Step" will not disappoint. For those who have religiously followed Boo over the many years, he continues to deliver as promised, once again bringing the driving beats and textured etherial soundscapes as you'd expect from the master. And for those who are just tuning in for the first time, through these three tracks, Boo will open up your ears to a new level of sound. (Paul Craven)
A few early Feedback:
- Great production on all cuts, all 3 tunes are usable and will support - no problem. (Dr. Bob Jones)
- Robotic Slaves is THE cut! Definitely feeling this one, full support! (Master Kev)
- Great EP, really feeling Distant Lands already started playing it! (Bradford James)
- Like the kraut-vibe of Distant Land and lovin' the signature Boo sound on Robotic Slaves. His music always makes me feel like I'm sitting on a train, my fav way of traveling. Great stuff! (Tiger Stripes)
- Loving Robotic Souls... (Keith Evan)
(P) & (C) 2013 Fatsouls Records